Effective and Safe Treatment for Cervical Health: Cryotherapy with Dr. Tuba Nadide Yilmaz
Many women with cervical problems seek various treatment methods to relieve their complaints and maintain cervical health. Cryotherapy, a popular treatment method recently, is an effective method often preferred for this purpose. So what exactly is cryotherapy, how is it applied and what are its benefits? Let's discuss all the curiosities on this subject with Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist Gynecology and Obstetrics and Obstetrics Specialist Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz.
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a treatment method that allows the destruction of cellular disorders and early stage cancer lesions in the cervix by controlled cold application. It is a combination of the Greek words "krio" meaning "cold application" and "therapy" meaning "treatment".
It is based on freezing the cervix with liquid nitrogen or nitrogen gas for a certain period of time. Thus, abnormal cells are destroyed and cervical health is preserved or treated. Cryotherapy is now widely used in the treatment of many gynecological conditions, especially cervical cancer.
What is cryotherapy used for?
The main areas of use of cryotherapy are as follows:
- To treat cervical cancer in its early stages by destroying tumor cells.
- To clear lesions on the cervix caused by the HPV virus.
- To treat dysplastic cell changes that occur in the cervix.
- To apply before or after surgery for high-grade cervical lesions.
- Prevent recurring uterine infections of the cervix.
- Stopping bleeding after biopsy.
- To treat some other conditions such as endometriosis, cervical polyps, ectocervical adenosis.
As you can see: Cryotherapy has a wide range of applications in the prevention and treatment of cervical health.
How is Cryotherapy Applied?
Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz performs cryotherapy application to her patients as follows:
- First, the patient undergoes a genital examination to assess the condition of the cervix and any lesions.
- Abnormal cells and cancer foci in the cervix are detected.
- Local anesthesia is not required, no painkillers or drugs are used for the procedure.
- With the help of a thin probe, liquid nitrogen or nitrogen gas is sprayed in a controlled manner over the lesioned areas of the cervix for several minutes.
- At this time, the cervical tissues rapidly freeze and undergo cryonecrosis.
- The lesioned areas turn white and disappear over time.
- No bleeding or pain occurs after the procedure.
- Patients are given a follow-up appointment 1-2 weeks later.
- If necessary, the treatment is repeated several times.
Cryotherapy can thus be successfully used to maintain cervical health and treat diseases.
What are the Advantages of Cryotherapy?
- Cryotherapy provides a very effective treatment in the early stages of cervical cancer. It stops the progression of the disease by destroying cancer cells.
- It can treat lesions caused by the HPV virus, dysplastic cell changes and other cervical problems.
- Since it does not require local anesthesia, there are no anesthesia risks and complications.
- It is a very simple and quick procedure. The treatment time usually takes a few minutes.
- It does not cause any incision, wound or bleeding. The recovery period is very short and easy.
- It can destroy only damaged cells, without harming healthy tissue.
- The treatment can be safely repeated several times if necessary.
- It is an economical treatment method for the patient.
Things to Consider After Cryotherapy
Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz advises her patients to pay attention to the following points after cryotherapy:
- Heavy activity and exercise should be avoided for the first few days after the procedure. Sexual intercourse should be avoided.
- After the procedure, gentle cleaning should be done with soap and water, and vaginal douching should not be applied.
- In case of intense and prolonged bleeding, consult a doctor.
- Any discharge or bleeding in the procedure area will stop spontaneously within a few days.
- The expected light bleeding until the follow-up examination should be ignored.
- In case of pain or burning, consult a doctor.
- The medicines and precautions recommended by the doctor must be strictly followed.
Thus, the post-cryotherapy period is overcome comfortably.
Cryotherapy is an effective, easily applicable and reliable method in the treatment of many gynecological disorders such as cervical cancer, HPV infection, dysplastic cell changes. It gives extremely successful results especially in the early diagnosis and treatment of cervical cancer.
If you are hesitant about the application of cryotherapy for your cervical health, you can safely consult Gynecology and Obstetrics Specialist Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz. With the cryotherapy procedure to be performed in expert hands, you can protect your cervical health and get rid of your problems.