What is Chemical Peeling and How Does It Renew the Skin?
Dear women, let's discuss with Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz what is curious about chemical peeling treatments that we have started to hear frequently recently.
Chemical Peel Definition
Chemical peeling is the process of applying special chemical solutions to the skin in order to renew the skin. In this way, dead and damaged cells in the skin are removed and new and healthy cells are formed.
Various acids and active ingredients such as vitamin C, retinol, AHA, BHA are used. The most suitable content is selected according to the skin type and applied to the skin. Chemical peeling is a procedure that should be applied safely under the supervision of a doctor.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peeling?
According to Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz, the main benefits of chemical peeling are as follows:
- Reduces the signs of aging on the skin, tightens the skin.
- Removes fine wrinkles and fine lines.
- Reduces blemishes and dark spots.
- Regulates skin tone and texture.
- It removes dead cells from the skin and purifies it deeply.
- Revitalizes the skin with a peeling effect and gives a radiant appearance.
- It tightens the pores and makes the make-up smoother.
- Improves absorption of moisturizing and nourishing products.
- Effective against acne and pimples.
- It balances fat secretion and reduces adiposity.
- Reduces skin sensitivity.
On whom is chemical peeling applied?
According to Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz, chemical peeling is effective in the following cases:
- Those who want to reduce wrinkles
- Those who are bothered by skin blemishes and dark spots
- Those experiencing tonal inequality
- Skin with prominent pores
- Dry, dull and sallow skin
- Those who want their makeup to go on smooth
- Those who want to get rid of signs of aging
- People with acne and acne problems
- Those with skin sensitivity
- Oily and shiny skin
How is it Applied?
Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz performs the chemical peeling process with the following steps:
- The skin is cleansed and the exfoliating solution is prepared.
- This solution is applied to the skin and left on.
- Wait 5-20 minutes depending on the duration of effect.
- It is then removed with a neutralizing product.
- The skin is moisturized and sunscreen is recommended.
- Peeling and redness after the procedure may last 1-3 days.
- It is usually repeated monthly or at 6-week intervals.
- 3-6 sessions are recommended depending on the person.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chemical Peeling
How many types of chemical peels are there?
The most commonly used ones are glycolic acid peeling, salicylic acid peeling, retinol peeling, vitamin C peeling and enzymatic peeling.
How often should chemical peeling be done?
It is generally recommended to repeat once a month or every 6 weeks. It varies according to the person.
Is chemical peeling a permanent solution?
It is not a permanent solution, it needs to be repeated at regular intervals. However, its effects are long lasting when used regularly.
Does chemical peeling hurt?
No, there may only be a slight feeling of discomfort. There is no serious pain.
How many sessions are required?
Usually 3-6 sessions are sufficient. The doctor will decide the number of sessions according to the skin condition.
What are the side effects of chemical peeling?
Redness, peeling, tenderness may be observed. Rarely allergic reaction may occur. A doctor should be consulted.
Which skin types is not applicable?
Not recommended for very sensitive and allergic skin, pregnant and lactating women, active acne and infections.
What should be considered after care?
It is important to protect from the sun, use moisturizer, soothe peeling skin, and avoid make-up for a few days.
How many types of peeling applications are there?
There are 3 types of applications: superficial, medium-depth and deep peeling. The one suitable for the person is selected.
How often should it be repeated?
Repetition once a month or every 6 weeks is ideal. Depending on the person, it can vary between 3-4 weeks and 3 months.
Dear women, you can consult Dr. Tuba Nadide Yılmaz for all your questions and concerns. Together you will find the right method to achieve a healthy and radiant skin.